Why to Register under GST?
As per latest amendment in the GST Regime, every taxable person having taxable turnover of Rs. 40 lakhs (Formerly 20 lakhs) and Rs. 10 lakhs or more for North East and hilly areas, is required to get the GST registration.
Further there are some categories of persons which are required to get themselves registered under the GST irrespective of their business turnover:
- If the assessee was registered in the pre-GST regime i.e Service Tax/VAT/Excise the unrollment under the GST regime is mandatory.
- Taxable persons having turnonver in excess of the amount exempt under GST from registration.
- Supplier Agents
- Taxpayers liable to pay under Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Casual Taxable Persons
- Suppliers supplying through E-commerce Vendors
- E- Commerce operators
- Online database access or retrieval services provided from outside India to a person in India who is a non registered taxable person.
How much time does it take to register under GST?
The registration process under GST usually takes 3 working days which may extend to 6 working days under exceptional circumstances.
What are the all documents required for getting GST registration?
Following documents are required to get the GST registration:
- Passport Photograph of Proprietor/Director/Partner.
- PAN of the entity.
- Proof of registered office
- PAN and Aadhaar of the proprietor/Partners/directors
- Canceled Cheque or bank statement of the entity
- Authority letter in case of other than proprietorship firm.
GC & CO is a group of Christian Professionals who are involved in providing Accounting, auditing, legal and Financial Management Services from 23 years.
Flat # 7, Pocket-3, Sector-12, Indraprastha Apartments,
Dwarka, New Delhi-110078, India.
Mobile: +91 93502 55752