Q.1 What Is FCRA?
Ans. Foreign contribution regulation Act or FCRA is a law of government of India which regulates receipt of foreign contributions or aid from outside India to India territories. This law is enforced by the Ministry of Home affairs, Government of India.
Charitable Trusts, Societies, Section 8 Company that receive foreign contribution or donation from foreign sources are required to obtain registration under Section 6(1) of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010. Such a registration under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 is called a FCRA registration. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining FCRA registration in India.
Q.2 How is it regulated?
Ans. The flow of foreign contribution to India is regulated under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 and Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rules, 2010.
Q.3 How does a person obtain permission to accept Foreign Contribution?
Ans. There are two modes of obtaining permission to accept foreign contribution according to the FCRA, 2010:
2. Prior Permission
Q.4 Documents required to get FCRA Registration?
Ans. Following documents are essential for registration under FCRA.
- Form FC-3
- Fees Rs. 5000 to be paid online
- Copy of registration certificate of society or trust deed as the case may be.
- Copies of the audited statements of accounts for the last three years.
- Copies of the annual report of last three years.
- Bank Details: –
- Bank Name
- Account Number
- Bank Address.
- Bank account opening date
- Email ID of Bank
- List of governing body
- Father’s Name
- Aadhaar No.
- Residence Address
- Office Address
- Email IDs
- the Name of the chief functionary and his mobile Number
- Telephone Number of the office
8. Copy of PAN Card of The Society /Trust.
Q.4 What are the documents required for FCRA Prior Permission?
Ans. Following documents are essential for prior permission under FCRA.
- Form FC-3B
- Fees Rs. 3000
- Registration certificate of Association
- Memorandum of Association/ Trust Deed
5. Commitment letter from the donor organization and agreement
GC & CO is a group of Christian Professionals who are involved in providing Accounting, auditing, legal and Financial Management Services from 23 years.
Flat # 7, Pocket-3, Sector-12, Indraprastha Apartments,
Dwarka, New Delhi-110078, India.
Mobile: +91 93502 55752